VITA's Integrated Service Program (ISP) staff have announced the schedule of the ISP regional outreach meetings. There will be two main focuses for this round of regional meetings, Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) and changes to the PSAP Grant Program. The meetings will be held the week of March 20-23. Steve Marzolf, ISP director, and Dorothy Spears-Dean, Public Safety Communications coordinator, will be at each of these meetings to update the progress and the path forward to deploying NG9-1-1 throughout the commonwealth.
NG9-1-1 is a major upgrade that impacts all 9-1-1 centers and local GIS offices in Virginia. The commonwealth is now shifting from NG9-1-1 planning to NG9-1-1 implementation. Therefore, as we work together on statewide deployment, your participation is vital. ISP staff will be discussing significant changes that will likely impact you, including 9-1-1 legislation the Board is considering for 2018, as well as what could be a complete overhaul of the PSAP Grant program.
Schedule and location for each meeting:
- March 20: 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. - Harrisonburg-Rockingham ECC, 101 N. Main St., 5th Fl, Harrisonburg, VA (Region 2)
- March 21: 10 a.m. – Noon - DoubleTree Hotel Williamsburg, 50 Kingsmill Rd., Williamsburg, VA (Regions 1/5)
- March 22: 10 a.m. – Noon - Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center, One Partnership Circle, Abingdon, VA (Region 4)
- March 23: 10 a.m. – Noon - Roanoke Police Academy, 5401 Barnes Ave., Roanoke VA (Region 6)
- March 23: 2 – 4 p.m. - Appomattox County Community Center, 220 Community Ln., Appomattox, VA (Region 3)
If you are not able to attend the meeting in your region, please feel free to attend one in another region. Due to the importance of both of these topics, all PSAP managers and GIS managers are encouraged to attend. This is a great opportunity to engage your IT leadership in your locality and invite them to attend the meetings to learn more about these important topics.
For questions about the outreach meetings, please contact your