Expanding security knowledge
Conference Dates: April 13 & 14, 2017.
The Commonwealth Information Security Council is holding its fourth annual Information Security Conference for the Commonwealth of Virginia to assist in fulfilling our shared mission of securing information. The conference will include expert presentations for those with responsibilities for managing, auditing or assessing information security in their organizations.
In addition to hearing expert presentations and sharing ideas with fellow managers, auditors and technical professionals around this theme, conference participants will have the opportunity to:
- Expand their professional networks. The conference will provide opportunities to meet and share ideas with security-minded colleagues.
- Learn about security products and services. Security product and service providers will participate in corporate displays.
- Maintain professional certifications. Continuing professional education (CPE) credits are being offered. Participants can claim one hour of CPE for every 50 minutes of presentations attended.
The 2017 conference will be held in downtown Richmond at the Crowne Plaza. Registration will also include continental breakfast, lunch and afternoon refreshments.
Who Should Attend:
The program is designed for:
- Information Security Officers
- Information Security Analysts and Engineers
- Chief Information Officers
- IT Auditors
- Privacy/Compliance Officers
- Risk Officers
- Other IT officers, managers, and staff with an interest in security or privacy
April 13 – Day One
John W. Martin, President and CEO of SIR
John W. Martin is the president and CEO of SIR, Inc. a 52-year-old marketing research and consulting firm headquartered in Richmond, Virginia.
Read full bio
April 14 – Day Two
Arnold E. Bell - CISO
Arnold joined SLAIT consulting as Chief Information Security Officer and Director of Security Solutions in January 2015. He brings over 27 years of security experience to SLAIT.
Read full bio
Supplier partner opportunities
Supplier partner registration for the 2017 security conference is FULL. If you are a supplier partner, please do not register as a Attendee participant at this time. For specific questions regarding this conference, please email
Dan Han. You may also contact