Customer Feedback Form
SCM would like to hear from you on how to make our site better. Please fill out our Customer Feedback Form.
News and Events
Supplier information session for manager security services
View meeting presentation
View meeting video
ATTENTION: All public bodies issuing information technology solicitations on or after July 1, 2016
The VPPA, §2.2-4302.2, was modified effective July 1, 2016, as follows: "In the case of a proposal for information technology, as defined in §2.2-2006, a public body shall not require an offeror to state in a proposal any exception to any liability provisions contained in the Request for Proposal. Negotiations shall then be conducted with each of the offerors so selected. The offeror shall state any exception to any liability
provisions contained in the Request for Proposal in writing at the beginning of negotiations, and such exceptions shall be considered during negotiation."
To address this change VITA is incorporating the following standard language in our RFP instructions to suppliers regarding proposed contract changes:
"Provide your comments regarding any exceptions in the form of margin notes or redline the document with your suggested language where required, excluding exceptions or recommended language revisions to any liability provisions. If Supplier is selected to go forward into negotiations and takes exception to any liability language, Supplier shall state any exceptions to any liability provisions contained in the Request for Proposal and the contractual terms in writing at the beginning of such negotiations, submitted via email to the designated (name or acronym of public body) SPOC. Such Supplier provided exceptions or recommended language revisions shall be considered during negotiations."
Your organization may want to consider using this language or modifying to meet your needs to comply with this change.
Multisourcing Service Integration and Server and Storage Services Information Session
View meeting presentation
View meeting video
Learn more about the Comprehensive Infrastructure Agreement
New Broadband Contracts
VITA has awarded 18 new contracts for broadband services, click here for more information.
Wireless Contract News
VITA has revised the AT&T International Rate Plans to lower the cost of International Business Travel. Customers on older International Rate Plans will need to submit a TSR to move to the newer plans. Customers can elect to remain on the old plans.
The iPhone 6s phones are now available from all of the contract carriers along with a variety of other new handset choices.
New IT Job Category added to state's IT Contingent Labor Contract
The state's IT Contingent Labor contract with Computer Aid, Inc. (CAI) was recently modified to add two new job descriptions for staff augmentation resources with IT Procurement expertise. This enhancement was implemented in response to customer requests and the growing demand for assistance with managing complex
IT procurement projects.
The new job titles, "IT Sourcing Consultant 2" and IT Sourcing Consultant 3" define the ability to lead an IT procurement team and processes which include development of solicitation documents, proposal evaluation and execution of the agreed upon negotiations strategy. It is expected these
resources should be adept in managing IT specific business risks, engaging and working closely with customers to deliver the desired contractual outcomes within the requirements and timelines provided.
Click here to view the Staff Augmentation Job Titles and Descriptions and Rate Cards: IT Contingent Labor
PGR changes do not impact procurement delegation - see link
CIO Approval for Cooperative Procurements
Reminder: Agencies and institutions can not conduct cooperative procurements for IT goods and services without having such procurements approved by the Commonwealth CIO as required by §2.2-4304 of the Code of Virginia. Agencies and institutions cannot establish IT contracts for use by other public bodies without prior CIO approval. In addition, only VITA may establish IT contracts for statewide use.
Price Shopping for Cellular Services
Looking at ways to stretch your wireless budget? Check out VITA's current comparison of all contracted carriers. The chart provides details on pay as you go plans, individual plans, pool (shared minutes), voice and data and mobile data.
Click here for the comparison chart
What is Supply Chain Management?
VITA's Supply Chain Management (SCM) is the Commonwealth of Virginia's Information Technology (IT) procurement and sourcing hub. If we were to overly simplify our mission, we would say we strive to consolidate and leverage the Commonwealth's buying power. And, if provided for in the solicitation or contract, all public bodies can utilize statewide contracts developed by VITA.
SCM's procurement professionals are committed to developing value-driven IT contracts that enable users of these contracts to benefit their organizations and the citizens of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Our services include:
- Consolidating and leveraging the Commonwealth's buying power;
- Announcing, awarding, and maintaining statewide contracts for the purchase of information technology and telecommunications goods and services;
- Providing sourcing expertise and contracting assistance for state agencies and institutions procuring IT and telecommunications goods and services; and
- Providing market analysis, supplier analysis and sourcing consulting for state agencies and institutions;
- Inviting, promoting, and sustaining increased access, participation, and partnerships with small, minority- and women-owned businesses.
Who can use our contracts?
All public bodies can utilize statewide contracts developed by VITA, if provided for in the solicitation or contract.
What are the benefits of using VITA IT contracts?
There are some very obvious advantages of using the VITA IT contracts.
- Your organization is able to get the best value for your purchases. And, as more and more organizations utilize these contracts, we are able to aggregate more and more demand. The result is we will be able to continually develop contracts with vendors that bring more value for you.
- Not having to bid your items will save valuable time and effort. All you have to do is order from the 300 IT and telecommunication contracts that are available for you.
- Use our database to research thousands of vendors if you are looking for something that is not on contract.
- eVA- Virginia's Total e-Procurement Solution
- DSBSD- Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity
- NIGP- National Institute of Governmental Purchasing
- VAGP- Virginia Association of Governmental Purchasing